- 2 days (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
The highlights of the tour are the 2 visits to Golden temple (during daytime and dark) to submerse yourself in the mesmerizing beauty of the temple situated in the middle of a large holy pond. Experience the massive langar hall (free kitchen) of the temple which feeds an enormous number of people every day for free. Overnight stay in 4/5 Star hotel with breakfast included. The road trip includes private transfers from Delhi to Amritsar, covering magnificent countryside landscape of 2 states, visit to Jaliawala Bagh, Old city and Wagah Border Flag lowering ceremony as well.
- Ideal choice for families
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Breakfast included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Multi-Day Trip
- Overnight accommodation in 4 or 5 Star hotel (per availability)
- Cycle Rickshaw Ride
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup/ drop-off
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transfer
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Centrally located Delhi hotels
Pickup will be between 5:00 - 6:00, depending on location of hotel in Delhi. Please contact 24 hrs before departure for scheduling pickup time.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Centrally located Delhi hotels
You will witness the holiest Sikh temple, the Golden Temple or Darbar Sahib (founded in 1574 and rebuilt in 1764). Entire temple is covered with real gold from in and out, with marvelous architecture, which gives it its distinctive appearance and its English name The Golden Temple.
- Early morning pickup from your hotel in Delhi in air conditioned vehicle for a guided tour in Amritsar by English speaking guide. Enjoy the marvelous landscapes on the way from Delhi to Amritsar for about 7 hrs. Reach Amritsar by afternoon. Breakfast and Lunch on the way or in Amrtisar (per choice, cost not included)
- Our first stop will be visit to the famous Jaliawala bagh, a public garden within the city and the site of a notorious massacre of peacefully protesting Indians under British Raj in 1919.
- Checkin to your hotel. Accommodation is included in the cost (4 or 5 Star hotel, per availability). 1 room for 1-2 travelers and 2 rooms for 3-4 travelers along with breakfast at the hotel.
- After Lunch, have some rest or check out the local markets of the city in your private car.
- In evening, proceed to witness the famous Flag lowering ceremony at the Wagah Border (Indo-Pakistan peaceful border). The Wagah Border is also referred to as the ‘Berlin Wall of Asia’. As the sun starts to set, Wagah Border comes alive. The ‘Beating the Retreat’ ceremony starts with a stiff-marching parade by the soldiers from both the sides. The entire ceremony is performed with incredible zeal and dramatic performances by the Armed forces at both sides.
- Proceed to the highlight of the tour, The Golden Temple. The beauty of the shining gold temple in a large holy pond is unmatched with the lights illuminated, it gives a majestic look. Take a troll around holy pond. This would be the best time for some great pictures.
- Check in to the hotel for overnight stay
- After breakfast at your hotel, embark on a sightseeing tour of the old city of Amritsar with your guide.
- Your second visit to Golden temple in the famous INDIAN CYCLE RIKSHAW (cost included) to checkout the magnificent structure during daylight. You will be stunned to see the difference between illuminated temple at night and bright day light. Also, checkout the incredible pride of Sikh faith i.e. Langar Hall (Free Kitchen) which has capacity to feed upto 100,000 people on a busy day, and experience the community doing voluntary service of preparing and feeding enormous number of people every day.
- Depart for your journey back to Delhi hotel.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Accommodation for 2 travelers: 1 room ; 3-4 travelers: 2 rooms
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual/formal. Head covering will be required by men and women at all times when inside Golden Temple.
- Upon entering the Golden Temple, barefoot walking is required on carpet/tiled surface
- Not drinking alcohol, eating meat, or smoking cigarettes or other drugs while in the shrine
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.