- 10 to 14 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
More than you can imagine! Martian landscapes right on Earth! The extraordinary site with fantastic semi-desert landscapes – Davit-Gareja cave city, located 100km south-east from Tbilisi, was founded in the 6th century by David (St. David Garejeli). You can do a one-day trip from Tbilisi to Davit-Gareji and Rainbow mountains.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
Traveler pickup is offered
We will contact you to clarify the time and place from where you will need to pick up.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Friendly Georgia, Rustaveli ave., 8, Tbilisi 0118 Georgia
We will pick you up from anywhere in Tbilisi.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: David Gareja Monastery, Mount Gareja, Udabno Georgia
One-day tour to David Gareja monastery complex is a short but eventful journey to one of the ancient and important religious sites of Georgia. The complex of temples stretches for several kilometers in the south-east of the country and along the border with Azerbaijan. David Gareja monastery is unique due to the fact that many of its buildings are cut in a huge tilted rock and some of its temples still preserve millenary frescos. Be ready for a walk and climb on uneven ground. Walking route is 8 km (5 miles).
Duration: 5 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 8 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Since part of the complex is located in Azerbaijan, we do not guarantee that the border guards will allow you to the caves with frescoes
- On foot, we will overcome about 8 km. Be sure that you are ready for this and you have the right shoes.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.