- 10 to 14 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Martian landscapes right on Earth! The extraordinary site with fantastic semi-desert landscapes – Davit-Gareja cave city, located 100km south-east from Tbilisi, was founded in the 6th century by David (St. David Garejeli). You can do a one-day trip from Tbilisi to Davit-Gareji and Rainbow mountains.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Wine tasting
Avlabari, Tbilisi, Georgia
Traveler pickup is offered
We will contact you to clarify the time and place from where you will need to pick up.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Friendly Georgia, Rustaveli ave., 8, Tbilisi 0118 Georgia
We will pick you up from anywhere in Tbilisi.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: David Gareja Monastery, Mount Gareja, Udabno Georgia
One-day tour to David Gareja monastery complex is a short but eventful journey to one of the ancient and important religious sites of Georgia. The complex of temples stretches for several kilometers in the south-east of the country and along the border with Azerbaijan. David Gareja monastery is unique due to the fact that many of its buildings are cut in a huge tilted rock and some of its temples still preserve millenary frescos. Be ready for a walk and climb on uneven ground. Walking route is 8 km (5 miles).
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Vineria Kakheti ვინერია კახეთი, Tokhliauri, Sagarejo 3805, Georgia
Here we will enjoy a wonderful dinner and wine after a walk.
Duration: 1 hour
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 8 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Since part of the complex is located in Azerbaijan, we do not guarantee that the border guards will allow you to the caves with frescoes
- On foot, we will overcome about 8 km. Be sure that you are ready for this and you have the right shoes.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.