- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
- Langa Township
- Guga S’Thebe Arts and Cultural Centre
- African drum & marimba session
- Langa Museum
- Walking Tour through Langa
- Taste "umqombothi" local traditional beer
- Visit local family
- Visit Nursery school
- Drive from Cape Town to Guga S’Thebe Arts and Cultural Centre located in the heart of Cape Town’s oldest and liveliest township Langa. Get an opportunity to see and purchase paintings, pottery, and other art work hand made by local residents Learn how to play the African drum & marimba in a fun filled interactive musical session.
- Visit Langa Museum (Dom pass offices) -. The museum houses a great collection of photographs and documentary evidence exhibiting what life was like in Cape Town's oldest township during that era.
- Go on a walking tour which takes you past the many container shops, sidewalk cooking spots and street traders as you get to see the different types of dwellings from the informal settlements to the hostels.
- Pick- up & Drop –off
- Knowledgeable & qualified English speaking Tour Guide/Driver
- Langa Museum
- Marimba & African drum session
- Arts & Culture Centre
- Private transportation
- Walking Tour through Langa Township
- Gratuities & Tips
- Food & Drinks
Traveler pickup is offered
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Guga S'thebe, Washington St, Langa, Cape Town, 7455, South Africa
Visit Guga S’Thebe Arts and Cultural Centre located in the heart of Cape Town’s oldest and liveliest township Langa – A township filled with many restaurants, parties, ethnic accommodation, shops and of course the fun social natives. This community based public centre offers art, design, performances and so much more. Get a chance to collect handmade locally crafted products such as pottery items, beading collections, and beautiful sand paintngs to name a few. Learn how to play the Afrcan drum & marimba in a fun filled interactve musical session.
Duration: 45 minutes
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.