- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Hida-Osaka spreads at the west foot of Mt. Ontake, an active volcano. Gandate Park is the symbolic site to learn about the history of the volcanic activities of Mt. Ontake 54,000 years ago. On this tour, you can feel the power of the earth, and at the same time, you will learn how people in Hida-Osaka has lived with the gift of nature.
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up at JR Hida-Osaka Station.
This hiking tour takes place in the forest on the lava plateau which is made of lava flow during the eruption of Mt. Ontake 54,000 years ago.
The forest is filled with stories and beautiful nature of Hida-Osaka.
With a guide, you will visit 3 waterfalls, and hidden spots in the forest that only guided hikers can visit. On this tour, you will also enjoy an open-air tea ceremony in the forest.
There is a lunch break during the tour, and bento boxed lunch filled with local cuisines is optionally available with additional cost.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.