- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Familly fun pottery decorating experience and relaxing time with wagashi and green tea at the unique venue!
We invite you to experience Japanese pottery decoration and enjoy handmade Japanese sweets, wagashi in a relaxing environment surrounded by the nature of Kita-Kamakura, a place well known as the origin of the Zen Mind in Japan.
The venue, Takaranoniwa is a unique place, a plot between the hills that was cultivated during the Kamakura Era (12-13 Centuries A.D.) and now features an old ceramic wood-fired kiln and a deep well. It is a place of deep history and rich, living culture. You may have wagashi sweets and green tea time in the garden when weather permits.
- Coffee and/or Tea - Freshly made matcha tea
- Snacks - Wagashi Sweets (may contain rice, wheat flour, beans, sugar)
- Shipping cost
Takaranoniwa, 1418 Yamanouchi, Kamakura, Kanagawa 247-0062, Japan
Returns to original departure point
Kids friendly, summer fun activity! You will experience painting on a ceramic plate using a paper, one of the special ceramic decorating techniques in Japan.
After the pottery decorating, we will invite you to enjoy the atmosphere and reflect on yourself with handmade Japanese wagashi sweets and cold pressed matcha tea prepared by a local wagashi artist. We will fire the pottery and send you your work about a month later (shipping cost is additional). Kids 6 and above are welcome!
Takara clay studio in Takaranoniwa is located on the property of Jochiji temple, one of the five great Zen temples of Kamakura.
• Takara no Niwa, 1418 Yamanouchi, Kamakura 247-0062 Kanagawa Prefecture
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.