- 3 to 4 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
ounou Mountain Sleeping Giant Hike
This is one of the most satisfying hikes in all Kaua’i with ready rewards all along the way.
On the lower reaches you will go through one of the largest groves on Kaua’i of stately Cook Island pines growing on the western flanks of this charming mountain.
To name a few, bird watch for Brazilian cardinals, shama and melodious laughing thrushes.
Shade is the rule with great vistas from the ridges over Kapa’a, with the possibility on a clear day to see the distant island of Oahu to the Southeast.
The reward at the end, panoramic views of the hinterland of the Wailua Homestead and the awe-inspiring fluted ridges of Mount Wai’ale’ale draped in the clouds beyond.
At the summit we will pause and lunch.
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Wailua River Marina
Tour Overview and HighlightsWHEN AND WHERE:
• All Year — Monday thru Friday
• Check In: 8:00 a.m., at our Wailua River Marina Shop — on the same southern banks of the Wailua River, where the Smith’s motor boats launch
• Moderate to easy
• Trail Time: 3-4 hours
• Road Time: 30 minutes
• Day packs
• Deli lunch:
• Turkey, roast beef, ham, salmi, or vegetarian
• Chips + tropical fruit + cookies
• Refreshments of tropical juices and bottled water
WHAT TO BRING:
• Sun protection
• Light shirt
• Sweatshirt or light jacket
• Trail food/snack
• Bathing suit
• Footwear (light hiking boots, sports sandals, or athletic shoes)
• Rain gear
• A camera and binoculars
• Towel and change of clothes
• Children under 16 years need to be accompanied by an adult; if not, service will be denied with no refund.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Hotel pick up in 5 mile radius of our Wailua River Marina
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.