See a cutie at the pump? Here are some pickup lines to try. You never know, you just might drive off into the sunset together.
1. Don’t complain about gas prices, brag about them.
“I don’t usually brag about going to expensive places, but this is my second visit to the gas station this month.”
2. Go for the station puns.
“If you were a gas station, you’d be a QT. And I hope I’d be your Esso (S.O.).”
3. Don’t forget the fuel jokes.
“Don’t fuel yourself. You know you want my number.” Or: “Wanna make like a car and fuel up? I know a great Italian place.”
4. Harken back to the good ol’ days.
“Remember when the air pump was free? That’s inflation for you.”
5. Quote Zoolander. If she laughs — or pulls a Blue Steel — it might be love.
“Just because we have chiseled abs and stunning features, it doesn’t mean that we too can’t not die in a freak gasoline fight accident.”
6. Offer to clean their windshield.
“I don’t just clean, I also cook. Can I make you dinner sometime?”
7. If you’re feeling a little guilty about contributing to climate change, admit it.
“Wanna save the planet and go for a walk sometime?”
8. Point to the no smoking/flammable sign and save his life.
“You should be careful. I’m afraid you’re too hot for this area.”
9. Buy some Hershey’s Kisses and offer to share.
“I’m not usually one to hand out kisses.…”
10. Pay for their gas. In 2022, it’s the ultimate extravagant gesture.
Read: 56% of people are driving less due to gas prices
Read: 15 tips for fuel-efficient driving