Has everyone at one point in their lives wanted a Jeep Wrangler, or is it just me? A classic in its own right, the sexy SUV rolled into the marketplace in 1986 and people have been driving with the top down ever since.
Here are ten things driving a Jeep Wrangler says about you:
1. You’re a rebel. Jeep owners aren’t super concerned about safety (but they have a roll bar just in case!). A good percentage of them pull the side doors off (the only vehicle designed to have doors removed) and cruise around town with their feet literally hanging out. We like their style.
2. You’re one of a kind. The Jeep Wrangler was voted one of the most iconic cars over the last 20 years by Business Week and has received multiple accolades for having amazing resale value.
3. You’re a weekend warrior. Adventure is in your blood, and this off-road ride is the perfect companion for weekend jaunts through the mountains. Did you know that the Wrangler holds the Guinness Book of World Records honor of reaching the highest altitude attained by a four-wheeler? (It was a volcano called Ojos del Salado in Chile.) The jeep was the vehicle of choice by the adventure team.
4. You’re friendly. When the Wrangler swapped out the “angrier” looking square headlights back to the original round design in 1997, jeep enthusiasts were thrilled.
5. You’re in star-powered company. Tim McGraw drives a red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. LeBron James has a Wrangler, as does Floyd Mayweather, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, Jay-Z, and David Beckham.
6. You appreciate history. The jeep is a descendant of the World War II civilian jeeps, produced by Willys-Overland and Ford in 1944. One jeep was even awarded a Purple Heart after surviving two beach landings during World War II.
7. You’re inspiring. The popularity of the jeep inspired other carmakers to bring off-roaders to the market, like the Toyota Land Cruiser and the Ford Bronco.
8. You’re part of a community. Only Harleys and Miata owners know the familial wave you get when passing by a fellow driver. Jeep Wrangler owners are passionate about their cars and their weekend road trips, and if you’re into it, you can join an official Jeep Jamboree.
9. You’re trending on social media. The Jeep Wrangler is one of the most popular cars on Instagram, with the hashtag #jeep being used millions of times.
10. You value freedom. At the end of the day, one of the most common descriptors of being behind the wheel of a Jeep Wrangler is joy, fun, and freedom.
What else do you love about the Jeep Wrangler?