When you are looking for Michigan auto insurance quotes, you will find them very high. An average Michigan auto insurance quote will come up to $996 for limited coverage and $2382 for maximum coverage per year – when compared to other states. You can kiss goodbye to the dream of getting affordable car insurance in Michigan, which is the second most expensive car insurance state.
If you are looking for cheap car insurance quotes in Michigan that won’t break the bank, we’ve compiled affordable car insurance in Michigan.
Drivers in Michigan are legally obliged to have auto insurance, regardless of how much you drive or what kind of car you have. While insurance is costly, many car insurance companies in Michigan are offering lower-than-average rates.
Way.com has rated affordable Michigan auto insurance quotes based on average annual premiums for comprehensive and accident coverage. But cheap Michigan auto insurance quotes for you will depend on your circumstances. Compare car insurance quotes from various providers to find the most reliable offer and save money.
Travelers is one of the best car insurance in Michigan. The company’s slogan “stay covered, wherever the road takes you” is the most recognizable slogan in the country. Drivers can choose from a comprehensive list of coverage choices to ensure that they are entirely secured wherever they go. From more traditional coverage options such as comprehensive and accident coverage to more specific options such as uninsured motorists to coverage for medical bills, and more, you will find a package that is truly customized to your needs.
In addition to coverage choices, additional supplements, and one of Michigan’s cheapest average car insurance rates, Travelers provides a range of incentives that you can qualify for extra savings. By pooling your policies, you can also save up to 13 percent on your auto insurance.
Secura has been in business since the 1900s. In addition to its outstanding customer service and affordable car insurance in Michigan, drivers can select from a wide range of coverage and discount choices. Secura provides some of the additional features including MILE-STONE, insurance for homeowners, umbrella coverage, travel and road rescuers, protection resources, claims services, and more. Customers can benefit from the straightforward claims platform, where you can quickly record claims online.
Drivers looking for affordable rates, more coverage choices, and a customized quote can find Westfield an attractive insurance company. Westfield provides local Michigan agents to pick your coverage, stay in line with state standards, and incorporate protections customized to your needs. Westfield’s car insurance types include liability, accident, comprehensive, medical, and personal injury insurance. Westfield provides deals depending on location and personal information that you will need to negotiate with your local agent. The insurance company focuses heavily on benefits from bundling auto and home insurance through the Wespak package.
Wolverine Mutual provides no default coverage and flexible driver options in addition to lower-than-average rates in Michigan. Wolverine Mutual lets you tailor your coverage and insurance premium rates to suit your personal and family needs, budgets, and objectives. It would help if you negotiated all the different choices with a local agent to reduce your premium. Some of the discount options featured include prime driver, secure driver renewal, multi-policy, safety belt, leisure use, safety driver, decent student, and insurance discounts.
How to get cheap Michigan auto insurance quotes?
There are a few tips that can help Michigan drivers get affordable car insurance quotes. Here are a few options:
- Raise your deductible: Your deductible is the sum of money you are expected to pay out of pocket on a claim until the insurance provider reimburses you: the higher your deductible, the lower the monthly premium. If you’re trying to increase your deductible, be sure you can handle a higher rate.
- Boost your credit score: Low-credit drivers pay more for auto insurance because they are deemed, high-risk drivers. If you can raise your credit score by a few points, the insurance provider can lower your premium.
- Take a defensive driving course: Most insurance providers will lower your premium if you take an accredited defensive driving or driving safety course.
- Check for discounts: Nearly every insurance company offers discounts. When shopping around for insurance, pay close attention to the discounts that each company provides. The more deals that you apply for, the more money you can save.
- Shop around: Don’t buy a strategy from the first business you’re looking for. Shop around and get quotes from a few companies to compare the prices to see which company can give you the lowest price possible.