What are some of the best automotive paints for beginners? Why are these types popular? What are the benefits of using these types of paint? How do you choose the best?
If you’re a beginner and are confused about choosing the right type of paint, this blog will help you make the right choice. However, make sure to invest enough time to understand the benefits and limitations of each type so that you make a wise decision. Here’s everything you should know about the best automotive paints for beginners.
The best shades of automotive paint for beginners
Here are the popular automotive paint shades that you should know before making your choice:
You’re making a wise decision by choosing solid paint. You can choose between black, white, red, and blue to give your car a simple look. The benefit of choosing solid colors is that they easily survive scratches and extreme weather conditions.
You can get the solid paint of your choice within your budget, which is also easy to use. Similarly, you can use solid paint to remove visible damage.
Using metallic paint gives your car a glossy look. These are the best automotive paints for beginners if you’re looking forward to adding a posh look to a car. Metallic shades are also a wise choice, as they are long-lasting and dry quickly.
Also, mixing metallic shades may ruin the car’s look. However, rethink your choice if you have budget constraints.
Pearlescent and metallic shades may look similar but are not. The major difference between the two is that pearlescent also uses a tinge of ceramic, which makes the shine visible even in the dark. Also, since it is rich in texture, applying even one or two coats of pearlescent paint can give your car a rich look.
Secondly, pearlescent paint consists of a small amount of metal, which creates a luster both during the day and at night.
Matte paint is another rare choice amongst the best automotive paint types for beginners, which you may choose to give the car a classy look. However, you can make your matte color stand out using a primer coat after the basic coat.
You must be careful when using a car with matte paint, as even a small scratch may look evident and take time to remove.
The top types of automotive paint for beginners
Here are some of the top automotive paints that beginners can use:
Try acrylic enamel if your customer needs something inexpensive yet with a good finish. Also, this is the best automotive paint for beginners if you prefer something easy to apply. Even a single coat can last for more than five years.
Since it has an oily texture, it doesn’t damage the surface when heated.
You can count on acrylic lacquer as a good choice if you plan a trial-and-error approach. It is quite easy to remove, so you can try different shades on a single surface.
Acrylic lacquer is one of the best auto paints for people just starting out because it makes your work easier. Also, lacquer suits older car makes and models, giving them a classic look. Once you apply lacquer to the car surface, it forms a shell-like coating, which may eventually chip off.
With the properties of acrylic and urethane paints, you can rely on acrylic urethane for as long as you want. One of the reasons that this type of paint is a reliable choice is that the longer it takes to dry, the glossier it becomes.
Urethane is the last choice among automotive paints for beginners. There are so many risks and drawbacks to using urethane as a starter. One of the major problems with urethane is that it sticks to your hands quickly and takes time to be removed.
Urethane reflects UV rays and protects your car from rust and extreme weather conditions. If you are using urethane, ensure you apply a coat often according to the customer’s needs to prevent the car surface from rusting.
Steps to selecting the best automotive paint for beginners
Here are the steps you need to follow if you’re in search of the best automotive paint for beginners:
- Start by picking up cheap resin, which you can use in plenty.
- Next, decide if you want to choose a paint with an activator. Paints with activators are the best automotive paint for beginners, as they dry up quickly.
- Once you choose the base coat and paint, decide if you want to complete the process in single or multiple steps. You may have to go for additional base coats using high-pigment paint.
- Fourthly, select the shade you want to use. It is ideal to choose from solid colors, as they’re easy to select.
- Finally, consider the car’s make and rethink if you’ve made the right choice. If not, go for a different color.
Tips for using automotive paint for beginners
Here are some tips for beginners using automotive paint:
- Check out the list of the best automotive paint for beginners before choosing a shade.
- Consider the opinion of your customer before starting the process.
- Make sure to complete the process in an open environment.
- Also, mask off the areas you’re not planning to paint.
- Additionally, apply a guide coat and paint the shade on top of it. This is to ensure that you’re doing it the right way.
- Remember to use sandpaper to make the shine evident for all glossy shades.
- Remember to remove the excess layers as you finish painting each part.
Forget the car expenses! Start saving $3000/year and enjoy the best deals using the auto super Way App.
Finding the best gas discounts, EV charging, auto insurance, auto refinance, best parking, and car washes are now easy through our all-in-one app.