Home is where the heart is content. But if your very home plays a role in increasing your auto insurance premium, will you still call it a home? If that home is in Massachusetts, then you can see a steady decrease in your account. The annual insurance premium is 2% higher in Massachusetts. For state minimum coverage, the best car insurance in Massachusetts costs an average of $555 per year.
While you will only require minimum coverage to operate your car, the state advises that you obtain additional coverage to guarantee that you are completely protected for the cost of repairs and medical bills in the event of an accident. A collision and comprehensive policy will cost you roughly $1341 per year on average.
In Massachusetts, you have a range of car insurance companies to pick from. Some car insurance companies target specific types of drivers, while others provide various discounts to assist you in finding affordable car insurance.
Some of the most regularly used businesses in the state, as well as the average rates a motorist with a clean record should expect to pay, are listed below:
- State Farm: $576
- Safety Insurance: $792
- Vermont Mutual: $873
- N&D Group: $1110
Cities where your car insurance rates will be higher
Massachusetts offers a diverse spectrum of communities, including densely populated urban areas and more rural areas. If you reside in a city with a high traffic rate, you will pay a higher premium because you are more likely to be involved in an accident. The following are some of the most expensive cities to live in:
- Roxbury Crossing: $2751 (annual insurance premium)
- Roxbury: $2751 (annual insurance premium)
- Dorchester: $2661 (annual insurance premium)
- Dorchester Center: $2622 (annual insurance premium)
- Mattapan: $2475 (annual insurance premium)
- Brockton: $2370 (annual insurance premium)
- Chelsea: $2334 (annual insurance premium)
Cities where your car insurance rates will be lower
In Massachusetts, the cheapest cities for insurance are less populated or deemed rural areas, and premiums can be nearly half of those in major cities. The following are some of the cheapest cities in Massachusetts to get insurance in:
- Chatham: $1035 (annual insurance premium)
- North Chatham: $1035 (annual insurance premium)
- Northfield: $1035 (annual insurance premium)
- Nantucket: $1035 (annual insurance premium)
- Siasconset: $1035 (annual insurance premium)
- Gill: $1041 (annual insurance premium)
- Deerfield: $1041 (annual insurance premium)
Essential points to remember for Massachusetts auto insurance
- One of the best ways to get affordable car insurance in Massachusetts is when you compare car insurance.
- Massachusetts is a no-fault state.
- All drivers should carry auto liability insurance and personal injury protection (PIP).