San Francisco has a lot to offer travelers from all walks of life. Delicious restaurants, beautiful ocean views, and stunning architecture are littered throughout the city.
Whether you’re planning an extended trip to San Francisco or flying out from SFO, finding affordable parking can be the most stressful part of the journey. Finding affordable monthly parking in San Francisco may require a bit of additional planning on your part, but it’s quite possible and you can save a ton of money!
You may be wondering:
- Where are the best places to find affordable monthly parking?
- What are my parking options?
- What should I be aware of when looking for parking?
- Should I be concerned about the safety of my car
Continue reading to find out what you should be aware of when searching for monthly parking in San Francisco.
Do Your Research
When it comes to finding the best deal for monthly parking in San Francisco, it pays to be informed. If you plan to be staying at a hotel in the city, why not call ahead and ask about any parking deals the hotel may offer?
It’s not uncommon for hotels to offer discounted parking rates to their guests. If you’re planning to fly out of SFO airport, some hotels also provide free shuttle service.
Make sure you don’t wait until the last minute. Drive-up prices are often inflated and double what the cost would have been if you had booked online.
It’s recommended that you begin searching for long term parking as soon as you know what dates you’ll be traveling. Some monthly or long term parking companies will offer discounts and incentives if you book a certain amount of time in advance.
Remember, if you plan to book a monthly parking spot in the city itself, be sure to compare the distance from where you plan to stay. Will it require you a trek back to your hotel, or will it be a quick walk away?
If you were traveling alone, it would be beneficial to consider the safety of the neighborhood. Would you feel comfortable walking to and from your car after dark?
Questions like these can help you narrow down your choices for monthly parking in San Francisco.
Is Monthly Parking in San Francisco Safe?
Some travelers may be concerned about the safety of their cars when using monthly parking. There can’t be a worse feeling than coming home from a long trip only to find someone broke into your vehicle.
No matter where you park in San Francisco, there are some precautions you can take as a traveler to further protect your car.
You may find it beneficial to choose a monthly parking lot or garage that is well-lit and utilizes CCTVs. Some garages also have 24-hour security guards that will make their rounds around the garage fairly often.
Try to keep any valuables out of sight and hidden, or better yet, left at home. Make good use of any anti-theft measures that you can use in your car.
Implementing these tips can go a long way to help keep your vehicle safe during your trip.
Monthly Parking to SFO
If you’re flying out of SFO, you may have previously used other methods of transportation to get to the airport. Some may frequently use Uber or BART and feel that those are two hassle-free ways to get to the airport.
However, it helps to keep these in mind when deciding whether or not to drive your car to the airport.
- Check the times of your departing and return flight. If your flight is either taking off or landing in the early hours of the day, public transportation may not be the best choice. It may be especially challenging to find an Uber at those times.
- How far do you currently live from the airport? The farther you live from the airport, the longer it will take to make it to SFO. BART makes several stops, and if you live closer to the end of the line, it may take you around 1.5-2 hours.
- How much luggage are you bringing? If you plan on taking a more extended trip, chances are your things won’t be fitting in a carry on bag. Carrying multiple bags on and off trains would be exhausting, not to mention inconvenient.
What are the Best Monthly Parking Options in San Francisco?
As stated earlier, when looking for monthly parking options in San Francisco, there is much to keep in mind. Consider the neighborhood, the convenience of the garage, and what you need from a garage.
Some travelers may need in and out privileges, while others are happy to leave their cars. If you happen to have an electric vehicle, looking into garages that support electric vehicle charging would be beneficial.
Here is a list of a few great options for parking in San Francisco.
- Trinity Garage ParkingAddress: 33 8th Street, San Francisco, CaliforniaCost: Starts from $260/month
- Liberty Park ManagementAddress: 301 6th Street, San Francisco, CaliforniaCost: Starts from $199/month
- United SF ParkingAddress: 814 Bryant Street, San Francisco, CaliforniaCost: Starts from $225/month
Find Monthly Parking in San Francisco with the Way.com App
Once you’ve weighed out all your options and determined that monthly parking in San Francisco is the best choice for you, there is a parking app to help you get the best deals in the city.
Way.com is an app that enables travelers to input their dates, location, or airport into the app. It will then give you a list of long term parking options that may suit your needs. Travelers will be able to see ratings, prices, and information about each parking option to help them make a decision.
Have you decided to use monthly parking in San Francisco? Head over to Way.com to book your parking spot at a garage perfect for you!
Way.com has you covered when it comes to booking the most affordable parking spaces – reserve your spot online or use our iOS and Android apps now!