Serving the two major cities of Dallas and Fort Worth in Texas – which together make up one of the largest metroplexes in the country – the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) is the lifeline of the southern United States. Don’t believe us? Well, it’s not for nothing that it’s the tenth busiest airport in the world for passenger traffic. Upwards of 60 million passengers walk through its terminals every day, jetting off to locations around the world. With so many passengers, it’s only natural that there will be a hassle to find DFW airport parking.
Why, you may ask? The sheer demand for parking spaces outstrips the capacity of even the on-site DFW parking lots. Hundreds of vehicles drive up to the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport every day – some to drop people off, others to pick them up.
The most frustrating thing about a large airport like Dallas Fort Worth is that you may find it especially hard to get a cheap DFW parking spot when picking someone up. No one wants the hassle of negotiating through the maze of cars at the airport – that’s a nightmare. It’s also highly inconvenient to pay for a DFW airport parking spot when you know you won’t be there for long – just long enough to pick up your passenger. Ideally, you want to be in and out with as little damage to the wallet as possible.
In that case, it makes sense to see if you can get free DFW airport parking anywhere else.
The hack to find free DFW airport parking
Most large airports in the country have foreseen this problem and have the option for drivers to wait in free parking areas. At Dallas/Fort Worth, you can get free DFW Airport parking at two dedicated Cell Phone Lots.
- The North Cell Phone Lot is located at the north end of DFW Airport, before the north toll plaza, and has 53 spaces.
- The South Cell Phone Lot is located at the south end of DFW Airport, near the intersection of Rental Car Drive and Southgate Avenue. It has 60 spaces.
Parking at the Cell Phone lots is likely to solve all your passenger pick-up woes. Instead of circling the airport, make a beeline over here and wait it out. With a waiting period of two hours, there’s more than enough time for you to have a stress-free pick-up. The lot is only for personal vehicles, so commercial or courtesy vehicles will have to park elsewhere. The only other restriction is that you cannot leave your vehicle unattended. Apart from that, free DFW airport parking at the Cell Phone Lots is the most convenient option for you to not burn a hole in your pocket.
If you feel the need to park longer, or if your passengers have any flight delays, you can check out cheap and affordable off-site DFW airport parking, just a stone’s throw away from DFW Airport. You can get a convenient spot for as low as $3.5/day! Log on to the Way.com website or Way app to access up to 60% discounted rates on DFW airport parking.
Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Travel Tips
- DFW Airport is located at the following address: 2400 Aviation Dr, DFW Airport, TX 75261, USA.
- DFW Airport is around 20 miles from downtown Dallas and 25 miles from Fort Worth. If you’re someone who drives at an average speed and there are no delays, the journey will take you around 30-40 minutes to complete. However, to be on the safe side, leave for the airport one hour before you have to check-in.
- Parking coupons are often available for DFW airport parking and can be accessed through sites like Groupon, RetailMeNot, and Ebates.