The Sims is a popular life-simulation game that has garnered immense popularity among gaming enthusiasts and amateurs across the globe. Getting a car in its latest version, The Sims 4, is as easy as ever. Follow this article to learn how to get one (or many).
This popular sandbox game developed by Will Wright and released in 2000 allows players to build virtual beings known as Sims and live in the virtual environment by controlling their emotions. Additionally, players could add extra features to the game by installing expansion packs released by the publisher, Electronic Arts.
Ever wondered how to get a car in The Sims 4?
If you had followed the earlier versions of The Sims, you might have seen cars that you could own and drive around. Of course, cars and other automobiles played an integral role in the previous versions of The Sims. The Sims 3 came with 11 automobiles across different levels, including a police cruiser and a fire truck. Players could also purchase cars in the ‘buy mode’ of the game and drive them around.
But the latest version, The Sims 4, features a very lesser number of cars, that too as decoration. In fact, The Sims gamers were left with just a mode of transportation; walking. So ever since The Sims 4 got released, curious gamers have flooded the internet with the question of how to get a car in The Sims 4.
Getting a car in The Sims 4 will add some extra mobility to you in the virtual world. But did you know that you could have cars on your favorite game, that too, without any mods? To get one, you got to follow the steps given below.
A guide to how to get a car in The Sims 4 for PC/ Mac
Once you have The Sims 4 open,
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + C (Windows) or Command + Shift + C (Mac) buttons on your keyboard.
- Now, in the top-right of your screen is the Cheat Dialogue box, type in “testingcheats true” here and enable cheats if you haven’t yet.
- Then, type “bb.showhiddenobjects” in the same box.
- After this step, type “bb.showliveeditobjects” and press enter.
- Type ‘debug’ in the search bar. This will display all the hidden items in the panel below.
- Now you have unlocked all the available cars on the base version of The Sims 4
In case you’re playing The Sims 4 on a PS4 or Xbox, follow these steps,
- Go live
- Press the L1, L2, R1, and R2 buttons on PS4 or LB, LT, RB, and RT buttons on Xbox One to launch the cheats menu.
After this, follow the same steps as the PC/Mac version to unlock the hidden items.
Getting a car is easy, and getting insurance is easier!
Yes. You heard it right, not in The Sims 4, but real life. With Way.com, you can find the cheapest car insurance quotes in a matter of seconds and save up to $971 a year. So, what are you waiting for? Get a free quote now.
Here’s more info on top-rated airport parking, the best parking spots in your city, affordable auto insurance, easy auto refinance, and high-quality car washes near you.