Confused about what oil to use in your BMW 328i? Putting the wrong engine oil can damage your engine and return you with big bills. Read along to learn about a BMW 328i oil change to make the right choice.
About the BMW 328i
The BMW 328i is one of the most popular luxury sedans worldwide. It came out as a replacement for the 325i, with a much more powerful and refined engine blessed with German engineering and BMW’s famed driving dynamics. Overall, the car was a wholesome package for somebody looking for a sleek, fun-to-drive automobile.
What oil should you put in a BMW 328i?
BMW recommends putting a synthetic SAE 5W-30 engine oil in the 328i models. Apart from the BMW Genuine High-performance synthetic oil, these are some of the other brands you could consider
- Helix Ultra ECT 5W-30
- Mobil Full Synthetic 5W-30 High Mileage
- Pentosin Pento High Performance 5W-30
- Valvoline SynPower SAE 5W-30
Advantages of using synthetic oil
Using synthetic oil on your BMW 328i comes with a lot of benefits compared to regular mineral oils. They are:
- Enhanced lubricating and fluidic properties due to a better viscosity than mineral oils. This helps them to perform better at low and high temperatures. Helps in extreme cold climatic conditions as well as in track applications like racing.
- They are less likely to foam, which can reduce the oil’s lubricating effectiveness. This ensures that the engine is always well-lubricated.
- Synthetic oils can help an engine run more efficiently because they are more refined and have better performance characteristics.
- They also help improve fuel efficiency and reduce carbon emissions from the car.
- Synthetic oils also have a longer lifespan because they deteriorate more slowly due to oxidation. It also helps them last longer between oil changes.
How often should you change the oil on your BMW 328i?
Since BMW recommends using synthetic 5W-30 engine oil on your 328i and synthetic oils usually need to be changed every 7500-10000 miles, it is better to stick to this mileage. However, if you happen to use conventional motor oil on your car, you’ll have to get the oil filter and oil changed every 3000-5000 miles or every six months.
Keep a regular watch on the engine oil quality and levels in your car to figure out if an oil change is due. If you find dark, black, and textured oil when you pull the dipstick, It is an indication of an oil change. In addition, unusual engine noises, burning smells, and darkened smoke coming out of the exhaust also indicate that an oil change on your BMW 328i is due.
How much oil should you fill?
The 328i is equipped with a turbocharged four-cylinder engine with an engine oil capacity of 5.3 quarts. Do not confuse yourself with the engine capacity and engine oil capacity, as both are not the same.
How much should you spend on a BMW 328i oil change?
Oil is the lifeblood of your car, and an oil change is one of the most important services that directly influences your engine’s longevity. Therefore, it can be slightly expensive. Expect to shell out $210-$240 depending upon the model year and engine oil brand and type you prefer to use on your BMW 328i. However, don’t let the prices stop you from getting an oil change done. Caring for your car engine is just like caring for your own heart.
Insuring your BMW 328i
Spending all your money on 328i implies a responsibility to safeguard your investment. Find the best auto insurance coverage for your BMW at no cost with the help of Way.com, which offers quotes from a wide variety of insurance companies. Click here to learn more.
Here’s more info on top-rated airport parking, the best parking spots in your city, the most affordable auto insurance for your car, and top-rated car washes near you.