A foul smell coming from your car’s vents or under the seats on in the upholstery can give you an unpleasant journey and even headaches! It often happens when you buy a used car in the form of annoying odor in the upholstery, ceiling, and carpets. Be ready to face it surely if you buy a smoker car. This is where ozone car treatment becomes a boon!
You may even try cleaning and scrubbing, baking soda, and many methods to remove the smoke smell from the car or other odors. The smell can be tough to get rid of, especially if it has infused the fabric. Another way is to shampoo the material, but this may not always work. An ozone car cleaning helps remove these odorous mixtures that couldn’t be washed away.
Read more to know about what is ozone treatment for cars and the steps to follow.
What is ozone car treatment?
It is the application of O3 (gas ozone) to eliminate foul smells, viruses, and bacteria. While doing ozone car cleaning, a car detailer will keep an ozone generator in your car for a specific time, depending on the intensity of the odor. The gas that fills your car neutralizes the odor and kills viruses and bacteria. That is why ozone treatment is the most effective method for removing odors. As a gas, it can penetrate inside vents, far under the seats, saturate upholstery fibers, and reach all the crannies and corners you cannot reach. It is also the most followed method for removing cigarette smoke these days.
When should I get an ozone car treatment?
One of the most common reasons for unremovable vehicle odors is tobacco smoke. Phenol, an unseen chemical found in secondhand smoke, causes eye and respiratory tract irritation. It is when you need to do the ozone car treatment. Ozone treatment will completely oxidize any remaining phenol gas, effectively neutralizing the odor. The odor will not return as the molecules have been destroyed rather than masked or filtered.
How do car detailers use a car ozone generator?
It is essential to know the steps to be followed while you know about what is ozone treatment for cars. Spilled food and beverages, pets, or puke can cause an unpleasant odor. Bacteria multiply, and the odor intensifies if you don’t clean it right away – and most car owners don’t. Smoke smell is another factor that can give you headaches! So these are the steps that car detailers use to get rid of the smoke smell in a car.
Steps to follow
- The initial step is to mechanically and chemically clean the vehicle; the less residue left behind, the ozone will get more effective.
- Get rid of all loose items from the car and vacuum.
- Properly ensure that no animals or humans are present inside the car.
- Place the ozone generator inside the vehicle or use a hose to blow the ozone through the window.
- Operate the machine for 30-120 minutes (depending on how strong the odor is).
- Allow the gas to disintegrate by opening all doors.
- If the interior still has an unpleasant odor, repeat the steps.
- Wait at least one hour with all doors wide open before entering the car;
- The unpleasant odor should have been eliminated. The ozone smell may stay for some more time.
Want to know more about how to get rid of the smoke smell in your car? Read our blog!
What are the benefits of ozone car treatment?
- It is the most effective method for removing odors caused by the body, pets, smoke, and mildew. It can also eliminate odors caused by spills such as vomit, milk, body odor, urine, feces, and other foul substances containing bacteria.
- Ozone eliminates offending gases by seeking them. It will react with impurities in the water, air, fabrics, and other surfaces such as walls and ceilings.
- Ozone car treatment is the most effective when the odor source is unreachable or located behind a panel.
- Microorganisms get instantly destroyed by this treatment.
- This treatment oxidizes and kills the odor source. Your car will smell fresh after this treatment.
How long does ozone car treatment take?
Depending on the intensity of the odor, the ozone cleaning machine operates for around 30-120 minutes in a car.
How much does ozone car treatment cost?
An average-sized ozone Generator can cost between $100 and $500 or more for the treatment. There are also many cheaper ozone generators.
Does ozone treatment in cars work?
Yes. The ozone generator remains in your car till it removes the odor. The car detailer will car clean your car before doing the treatment. Ozone gas disintegrates after about half an hour of treatment, so there is no threat to your health.
Know all about strange car smells and how to fix them!
Are car ozone generators safe?
Ozone is a gas that disintegrates after about half an hour. So, there is no risk of exposure from your vehicle. Your car detailer will ensure that it has been adequately air-conditioned before returning the vehicle to you.